Get started for your professional career- Write a Research Paper
“Having one with your name on it, is a really good thing!”
No matter what field of study you are interested in, you will most likely be asked to write a research paper during your academic journey.
Research results can be presented in a variety of ways, but one of the most standard and effective presentation forms, is the research paper. It is a formal way of presenting your own interpretation or argument or evaluation on a topic of your interest with information gathered from a variety of sources. It is a process that helps you learn and understand on a deeper level.
Having to write a research paper may feel intimidating at first. After all, researching and writing a paper requires a lot of time, effort, and organization. However, writing a research paper can also be a great opportunity as it is an ideal way to organize thoughts, craft narratives or make arguments based on study to share your newfound knowledge with your peers.
Knowing how to write a good research paper is a valuable skill that will serve you well throughout your career. Whether you are a student who is studying the best way to perform a procedure, or learning about challenges and opportunities in your field, you will use research techniques to guide your exploration. You may even need to create a written report of your findings and because effective communication is essential to any company/organisation, employers seek to hire people who can write clearly and professionally.
Know the key benefits of writing a research paper:
- Develops analytical thinking- While making any opinion on a particular topic we need to research thoroughly and think deeply about the topic. We are unable to make a right opinion on that topic without this. By developing the ability of critical thinking, we will be able to express the viewpoints in more creative and meaningful ways.
- Strengthens the communication skills- If the student writes and innovative paper without thorough research which is lacking in logical connections then it will result in complicated content. In that way it will improve your communication skills.
- Improves research skills- We consume a lot of data as we start researching. We start with how, what, why. Then from the set of collected data we select the relevant portion for the topic, evaluate the content and then write about it. A well-researched research paper eventually improves the tendency to collect the relevant part from voluminous data.
- Develops complex reading skills– The research paper requires close reading of complex text from multiple sources, which students must comprehend, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate. These sophisticated tasks help to build interpreting skills.
- Creates research mind set– Research is finding answers to questions as such it deals with deeper and broader issues that act as understating complex issues that help to develop the same mindset.
- Promotes curiosity- Curiosity drives the search to understand increasingly complex questions, to constantly question information, and to explore more sources and experts. Writing a research paper provides a structured, yet independent opportunity for students to pursue curiosity driven in depth study.
- Accelerates the urge to study– The best place to gather literature is the Library, amazingly the librarian will be a researcher’s best buddy to gather information specially while doing literature review.
- The Power of Attribution– Undocumented information that students encounter online—narrows their thoughts, opinions and experiences as such research material with citations of references and bibliography develops a questioning mindset: who said that, where did that come from, and where can I find more?
- Promotes ethical writing– Research writing helps to develop the practice of ethical research writing. It provides an opportunity to understand what plagiarism is, why everyone makes a big deal over it, and how to avoid it.
Thus, writing research paper assists in Fostering critical thinking and analytical skills through hands-on learnings, Expanding knowledge and understanding of a chosen field outside of the classroom, Developing one-on-one connections with distinguished faculty in their field , Building community with peers, faculty and organizations on- and off-campus. Since this is the intellectual milieu one will be well prepared and groomed for professional and career challenges.
Research Internship Programme
₹7500 for four months
- Research Methodologies
- Survey Design and Implementation
- Data Compilation and Analysis
- Policy Research
- Field Visits / Educational Excursions
- Report Writing and Publications